In our latest blogger Q&A session, we got to chat with Jamie Taylor of the fashion blog Candy Stilettos. She shared her fashion inspiration, her summer style must-haves, and a yummy strawberry trifle dessert recipe. Read on to get the whole scoop!
Tell us a bit about yourself. How did you get into blogging?
I have always loved fashion and wanted a place where I can share my personal style and connect with other fashion bloggers who share the same passion.
Describe your style in 3 words.
Timeless, colorful, feminine.
What’s the hottest style trend this summer?
This summer is all about the accessories. You will see a lot of head wraps inspired by hippie trends, as well as fringed tops and shorts. The carefree hippie style is what it’s all about this summer!
Where do you get your fashion inspiration?
I am inspired by new and old fashion icons. I love Olivia Palermo’s style as well as being inspired by classic fashionistas such as Audrey Hepburn.
What is your go-to summer accessory?
A bold and colorful necklace with brighten up any outfit.
What’s one item on your summer wish list?
I have been looking for a straw handbag for the beach and outdoor activities.
What is the hottest hue of the summer?
Neons- pink, green, orange, you name it!
What’s your best summer beauty tip?
Less is more. Summer is about looking fresh and carefree. Forget the makeup and throw on some tinted moisturizer and lip gloss.
Any fun summer recipes to share?
Yes, I love this Strawberry Trifle Dessert recipe which is delicious yet light and low calorie. It’s the perfect summer picnic dessert.
• 10-ounces frozen, unsweetened strawberries
• 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
• 1 1/4 cup nonfat vanilla yogurt
• 2 egg whites
1. Combine strawberries and sugar in a food processor and blend until smooth, about 30 seconds.
2. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine strawberry mixture and yogurt.
3. In a separate bowl, use a hand mixer to whisk egg whites until they form stiff peaks.
4. Add egg whites into the mixture and stir until smooth. Spoon into serving glasses and chill for at least 1 hour before serving. Garnish with mint just before serving.
*You can also add angel food cake to this recipe which is a very light cake.
What’s your favorite piece of jewelry you own?
A hot pink J. Crew necklace that I scored from the outlets for 40% off.
What is your favorite item from EvesAddiction.com this summer?
I am in love with the monogrammed necklaces! They are the perfect gift as well since they are personalized.